His quests for knowledge and love for education did not allow him to stop at that level, he sought and got admitted for his Bachelor of Science Education Degree in Accounting at the then University of Ado-Ekiti now Ekiti State University (EKSU). He furthered to attend Olabisi Onabanjo University for his Master of Business Administration with Accounting and Finance and M.Sc Business & Applied Economics (Finance Option) where he graduated in record time. He was equally admitted for his PhD in Finance in the same University.
Godwin did not relent in his passion for more knowledge acquisition. He moved on to Babcock University for his M.Sc. & Ph.D. in Accounting, while he holds BSc Accounting & Finance (First Class); BSc Business Administration (First Class), MSc in Taxation & Fiscal Policy and PhD in Forensic Accounting & Audit of Charisma University, United Kingdom; and Advanced Certificate in Fraud Examination of South Africa Financial & Accounting Services Sector Education & Training Authority.
Prof. Oyedokun is a young but experienced multidisciplinary scholar-practitioner of good repute with over 20 years’ experience and over 30 professional qualifications, from both Nigeria and international professional bodies.
Prof. Oyedokun is currently a Professor of Management & Accounting in the Department of Management & Accounting of Lead City University Ibadan, Nigeria. He is a Visiting Professor of Forensic Accounting & Finance at Charisma University, Turks & Caicos Island, West Indies, UK. a visiting Professor at the Department of Management Science of Coal City University, Enugu, an Adjunct Professor at the Department of Accounting, Igbinedion University, Okada, Nigeria, and he was formerly a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Department of Taxation of Nasarawa State University Keffi. Likewise, he was an adjunct lecturer at Babcock University, South-Western University and McPherson University, all in Nigeria to mention few. He is a faculty member at the Joseph Business School Chicago/Lagos, and an International faculty member at the Mississippi State University’s Mini-MBA/MBA/PhD & Continue Education programmes in Lagos.
Prof. Oyedokun is currently a Faculty member for the supervision of Postgraduate Students at the University of South Africa (UNISA). He is also an External Examiner for undergraduate programme of the Accountancy Department, Faculty of Business Administration, Abia State University, Uturu Nigeria.
He is the co-founder OGE Professional Services Group, President at OGE Business School, Principal Partner at Oyedokun Godwin Emmanuel & Co (Chartered Accountants, Forensic Auditor & Tax Practitioners).
Prof. Oyedokun worked with Ibraheem Jimoh & Co Chartered Accountants as a Partner, Audit and Forensic Services, and as the Director- Tax, Forensic & Regulatory Services at Saffron Professional Services. He was the Head of Department of Education, Research & Technical and the Head – Finance & ICT Department of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN). He was the Senior Analyst- Enterprise Risk Management & Control at XL Management Services Ltd and the Accounts Manager (Head) at Bond Group of Companies.
Prof. Oyedokun had his compulsory professional accountancy training in the Firm of Adesina Adedayo & Co Chartered Accountants, Gbolahan Oyegoke & Co Chartered Accountants and Lekan Jinadu & Co Chartered Accountants and currently serves as Associate Partner to the Firms and five others in Nigeria.
Prof. Oyedokun is a sought-after intellectual, who had presented over 720 technical/seminar papers in various conferences/training/seminars and also an examiner to some professional bodies, both in Nigeria and aboard. He is a seasoned scholar-practitioner who is currently serving as an Advisory Council Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE), Austin, Tx. USA, he is the pioneer/current President of the Lagos Nigeria Chapter of ACFE. He was the Chairman of Nigeria Board of the International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professionals (IICFIP) USA. He is also a Governing Council member of both the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and the Business Recovery & Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN), he is the current Global President of the Association of Forensic Accounting Researchers (AFAR) and a member of the Board of Regent of Saint Monica University. He is also a member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) USA.
Prof. Oyedokun has attended several local and international conferences in the last 20 years with over 40 professional articles and 102 peered-reviewed academic articles (of which 30 are in International Journals while 27 are in National Journals), and 20 conference papers, 10 chapters contributions, he has edited 7 books and published 23 books, all but to the Glory of God. He has successfully supervised as a sole supervisor, 105 BSc Projects, 5 PGD Projects, 30 MSc Dissertations, and 21 completed Ph.D. Theses in management, accounting, finance, taxation and forensic accounting & audit in Nigeria and overseas. He is a Managing Editor to
Prof. Godwin was given a meritorious award of service by both the Students’ Union Government and Alumni Association of Osun State College of Technology on October 5, 2013/July 20, 2018, May 21, 2016, and June 2019 respectively. He was given an award of professionalism for his contribution to education and human capital development by Unicaribean Business School on June 23, 2018, also, he was awarded Leadership Ambassador by International Summit of Leaders on November 18, 2017, through same business school.
He was also given special recognition and installed as one of the Patrons of the Nigeria University Accounting Students’ Association (NUASA), of both Obafemi Awolowo University Chapter and University of Ilorin Chapter. He was also honored on May 8, 2019, with the Kwame Nkrumah Exemplary Pan- Africa Leadership Distinguished Honor as “Icon of the Nation Building and Societal Transformation in Africa” by the West Africa Students Union Parliament, the umbrella body of Students’ Unions in West Africa Region. He was also awarded an award of Excellence by the Banker Alumni Association of the Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke in November 2019 and in the same month he was awarded most friendly lecturer by the National University Accounting Students Association of Nasarawa State University, Keffi. Also, he was installed as a Patron of the Department of English, Performing Arts & Film Studies, Lead City University, Ibadan on April 26, 2021.
Prof. Oyedokun is the pioneer and current Treasurer of the Capital Market Academics of Nigeria (CMAN), a board member of Covenant Capital Business School of the Covenant Nation Church, Lagos and he is currently a member of Publication and Image Committee and a Board Member of Audit, Investigation and Forensic Accounting Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He is a Member, Capacity Building and Certification Committee of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) and the Treasurer of Lagos Branch of same CIBN having previously held a position of Assistant General Secretary. He is also a member of Education Committee of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS) and he was a Member of Publication Committee of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
Prof. Oyedokun is an Erudite Professor, a Consummate Educationist, and Human Capital Development Expert who has taught in all level of education. He is a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Association of Management & Social Sciences Researchers of Nigeria (AMSSRN). He was the Chairman, Audit Committee of Osun State College of Technology Alumni Association and the International President of Alumni Association of Charisma University, UK. He is the Secretary and member of Trustees of Joint Mind International (JMI).
Prof. Oyedokun is a member of the following Professional Bodies/Associations having previously passed their membership examinations where applicable:
- American College of Forensic Examiners International (ACFEI)
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) (Cert. IFRS)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners(ACFE) USA
- Association of Enterprise Risk Management Professionals, Nigeria (Fellow)
- Association of Forensic Accounting Researchers (AFAR) (Fellow)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria(ANAN) (Fellow)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Association of Management & Social Sciences Researchers of Nigeria (AMSSRN)
- Athens Institute for Education and Research
- British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Business Recovery & Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN)
- Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA)Nigeria
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria(CITN) (Fellow)
- Guild of Industrial, Commercial & Institutional Accountants, Canada (ICIA)
- Institute of Certified Forensic Accountants, Canada (ICFA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria(ICAN) (Fellow)
- Institute of Chartered Economists of Nigeria(ICEN) (Fellow)
- Institute of Economists of Nigeria (INEN) (Fellow)
- Institute of Financial Accountants, UK
- Institute of Financial Consultants, USA
- Institute of Management Specialists, United Kingdom (IMS)
- Institute of Personality Development & Customer Relationship Management (PD-CRM) (Fellow)
- Institute of Professional Financial Managers, London (IPFM) (Fellow)
- Institute of Public Accountants, Australia (IPA)
- International Institute of Certified Forensic Investigation Professional Inc. USA (IICFIP) (Fellow)
- International: International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Nigeria Institute of Management (Chartered) (NIM) MNIM
- Society for Forensic Accountants & Fraud Prevention, Nigeria (SFAFP)
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, UK (CIPFA)
- The Institute for Internal Controls, USA
- The Institute of Corporate and Public Sector Professionals ICPSP (Fellow)
- The Institute of Legal Executive of Nigeria(ILEX) (Fellow)
Prof. Oyedokun has also attended programmes at Lagos Business School, Lagos Nigeria and Joseph Business School, Chicago, USA.
It is indeed true that “Ipsa Res Loquitur” and “Nemo Dat Quod Non-Habet”